Author Topic: eCrater  (Read 15391 times)

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
Re: eCrater
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 12:33:39 AM »
could I just have the buyer email their destination and somehow manually invoice them.  Like thru PayPal?  Any ideas?
Technically NO.  Because the ad will show ZERO or whatever amount you put in for shipping.  You put in nothing on the shipping matrix and check weight based shipping when you create the listing the ad will ship ZERO for shipping charges and therefore the order will show zero and that's what will be feed to PayPal or Google.

So sellers put the highest shipping in the matrix and put a note in the description that it shows the highest possible shipping charges and that any over payment will be refunded.  Or they can wait for an invoice and be billed the correct amount.

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

MrsB

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Luxury Depot Store
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 11:51:19 AM »
So sellers put the highest shipping in the matrix and put a note in the description that it shows the highest possible shipping charges and that any over payment will be refunded.  Or they can wait for an invoice and be billed the correct amount.

Thanks for the input.  I wll try this for and while till I fully understand the Matrix.   :whew

cjturtle

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 08:58:47 AM »
I just use flat rate shipping so I don't have to mess with it all.   :ct0559

denverdoni

• Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Rainbow Creek Creations
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 11:37:13 PM »
My flat rate shipping is from my house to the farthest zip code/zone. It works out that some people pay a little more than actual shipping and I never lose money on shipping. The extra $1-2 covers my expenses and there is not enough variation in the rate for me to hassle with shipping calculators etc. I try to keep it reasonable for everyone and simple for buyers.

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 05:43:43 PM »
Yes, you can email the buyer, but that's more work for you and the buyer, and can result in confusion and provide the buyer with a chance to back out of the deal.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 05:46:39 PM by biggfredd »
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

Sade

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Fancy Flappers Unique Costumes
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 05:56:54 PM »
Yup, I would rather just charge a flat rate. Buyers like convience and having to e-mail, and wait for replies, will cost you sales. This is totally different from auctions. The buyers want to buy, and they want to by right now.
Flapper Dresses, Unique Flapper Costumes, 1920's Dress, Roaring 20's Fashion, accessories included.
http://fancyflappers.com/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf