Author Topic: Something wonky this way comes  (Read 80 times)

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
Something wonky this way comes
« on: May 24, 2017, 08:02:56 AM »
I'm not sure when it started. I only noticed it this week. Addresses have been messed up when printed by Amazon.

For years, my ship to address for Amazon purchases has been:
(My Name)
(Business Name)
(Street Address)
(City) (State) (ZIP)

Recently I noticed that shipping labels are printing as:
(My Name)
(Business Name) (Street Number)
(Street Name)
(City)(State)(ZIP)

When I look at my address book, it has business name in Address Line 1 and Street Address (number and name) in Address Line 2.  I don't know if it's always been that way (with business name in Addr1) or not. I haven't looked closely at it in years.

When looking at order invoices and other areas of Amazon, it displays my address correctly (with the street number on same line as street name). Likewise, when viewing the address in the address book and other areas, it displays correctly. It seems to only happen when they actually print the shipping label.

I'm not aware of this being an issue before, with the exception of some 3rd party FBM orders.  This has even resulted in one order being flagged by the post office as invalid address, return to sender (I went to post office to intercept).  Maybe this is why I've had so many late deliveries the past few years (so many that I haven't paid for Prime in two years)?  My late delivery rate really isn't outside the norm, though, at around 1.5%.

All of my items for sale are FBA, so I have no clue if my customer addresses are being mangled in a similar manner or not, however I wouldn't be surprised if they are.

Posting so that everyone that is FBM is aware that there is an issue.  I'd recommend being on alert when printing FBM labels.

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Something wonky this way comes
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 11:02:15 PM »
Over the last week or so, I've noticed some addresses that have been a little "wonky" as you put it. I just reformat the address before placing it in Stamps.com and I've had no problem.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
Re: Something wonky this way comes
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 11:01:26 AM »
I've been out of town for almost a week.
No FBM orders as I put Amazon on vacation.
Took store off of vacation this AM and have 2 orders...both orders look ok.
I'll be on the look-out and will watch closely.
Hopefully, Amazon has this worked out.
Thanks for the warning!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf