Author Topic: Amazon Use Buyer-Seller Messaging to send important order information  (Read 554 times)

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Amazon Use Buyer-Seller Messaging to send important order information

May 10, 2017
Buyer-Seller Messaging allows buyers to opt out of receiving unsolicited, non-critical messages from sellers. If you need to send a buyer a message that is necessary to complete their order, include the word [Important] in brackets in the subject line of the message sent via email. You can also use the Buyer-Seller Messaging interface in Seller Central:
Go to Manage Orders.
Click the buyer’s name in the list to go to Buyer-Seller Messaging.
Select "Additional Information Required" as your subject, write your message, and click Send. 
The following messages are considered critical to complete a buyer's order:
Product customization questions
Delivery scheduling
Issues with a shipping address
The following messages are not critical to complete an order:
Requests for seller feedback or customer reviews.
Order, shipment, delivery or refund confirmations. Amazon already sends these emails.
Proactive customer service. For example, product manuals, tips for using the product, answers to frequently asked questions, suggestions if something goes wrong.
Out-of-stock or delay notifications and offers of alternative products. Please cancel the order instead.

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
My wife ordered some stuff recently and one was by a 3P FBM. I have received no less than 4 messages begging for feedback, product review, etc. How tempted I was to blast them in a return email about the harassment. However, like the good boy that I am, I kept my fingers off the keyboard and my words to myself.

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
My experience with the request for feedback is the larger sellers.
Seriously.

I do receive requests from 3P sellers, but it's not as in your face requesting as the big boys.

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
There was one that begged me for feedback while I was having a difficult time with them (item was defective and after I notified them, I got an email outlining their return policy and how I'd have to pay a restocking fee and return shipping -- meanwhile the feedback request was automatically sent to me).  I sent them an email back asking if they were sure they wanted my feedback since they were violating amazon policy with their crap about me having to pay return shipping and restocking fee on a defective item.  :0771

Needless to say they backpedaled very quickly.

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
High Five. Love it!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf