Author Topic: PayPal Raises Fees 32 Percent for Some Merchants  (Read 1272 times)

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
PayPal Raises Fees 32 Percent for Some Merchants
« on: September 02, 2015, 10:29:34 AM »
Read the article in full: PayPal Raises Fees 32 Percent for Some Merchants

PayPal is raising fees by up to 32% with the elimination of volume discounts. Sellers on eBay are particularly hit hard as the marketplace limits which payment methods they can offer for eBay transactions - and eBay just revealed yesterday it will no longer accept ProPay or Skrill, leaving many sellers in a tight spot.

In a letter to merchants on Thursday, PayPal called the elimination of discounts a "simplification" of fees, but sellers don't see it that way. One seller wrote, ""Simplifying" fees="increasing" prices. PayPal and eBay are great at redefining the meanings of words." That seller believes it's only the beginning - "This increase will be the precursor to "simplifying" the rates for us common folk," they wrote.

Currently PayPal charges 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction; those with over $3,000 in monthly sales volume receive a rate of 2.5% plus 30 cents per transaction, and those with monthly sales over $10,000 receive a rate of 2.2% plus 30 cents per transaction.

Those rates have been in place since 2004.

elpereles

• Offline Offline
    • elpereles1
    • elpereles
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • ELPERELES’ Trading Card Store
Re: PayPal Raises Fees 32 Percent for Some Merchants
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 02:05:36 AM »
I wasn't just only a rise. Some "big" sellers aren't going to see the rise. And any seller in eBay with ProPay and Skrill is out of the game in eBay.  :053
ELPERELES’ Trading Card Store:
http://elpereles.ecrater.com/

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Re: PayPal Raises Fees 32 Percent for Some Merchants
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 07:49:43 AM »
Yep.
Propay and Skrill....gone.
I'm a casual eBay seller and use it for my (not used in a long time) ecrater stores.
However, I had plans to put some vintage items and retro clothing onto Etsy and will be doing the math to see if it's even worth my while.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf