Author Topic: Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Walmart and Sears ban sales of Confederate flag merchandise  (Read 937 times)

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
I ask kindly and respectfully that there not be any kind of debate/fighting whether these should be sold or a sellers "right" to sell what they want to sell...
I wanted to post this info so those that sell on eCommerce venues will have a head's up.

Read article in full: Amazon, eBay, Etsy ban sales of Confederate flag merchandise

Read article in full: Walmart, Amazon, Sears, eBay to stop selling Confederate flag merchandise

eBay has banned all auctions and sales of the Confederate flag

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
Warner Bros. has decided to pull all references to confederate flag on Dukes of Hazzard merchandise.  The General Lee toy and model cars have skyrocketed in price on Amazon and eBay. 

TVLand has pulled reruns of Dukes of Hazzard and DVD prices have started climbing on Amazon and eBay, with season sets of the show quickly selling out (Amazon is sold out of season 1, DeepDiscountDVD is sold out of seasons 1 and 5).

This isn't the first time Dukes of Hazzard has been involved in this controversy.  Two years ago, WB reportedly said they were going to pull confederate flag from the toys.  And, I remember several years back there was talk of sanitizing parts of the show to hide the flag that was on the car.

edit to add - this isn't written to start a debate on whether or not they should edit it out of merchandise and show, but rather is simply to inform about the changes, the increase in demand it's caused, and the resulting price increases.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:31:06 PM by WayOutWest »

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
I saw that in yesterday's news and every outlet that I follow online.
There was only one outlet that mentioned WB had attempted to do this 2 years ago

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf