Author Topic: Business Website Hosting  (Read 747 times)

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Business Website Hosting
« on: June 03, 2015, 03:07:03 PM »
I would like to tap the knowledge of other sellers.  I am wanting to develop a website that will allow me to utilize my current FBA inventory as well as allow me to create additional inventory.  I have considered a number of platforms and am leaning towards Spotify for several reasons.

What are your thoughts on Spotify?  Is it easy to use, build, and manage? 

I do not have any computer savvy when it comes to uploading files, so on Amazon I list items one by one via "add a product".  Is there an easy way I can learn how to do the files to upload on Spotify?  I want to have approximately 4-6x the amount of listings that I currently have on Amazon.  It would really suck to have to create listings one by one. 

I guess I want to know as much as possible before jumping right in.  Even if you can't answer all my questions, any thoughts provided would be greatly appreciated.

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
Re: Business Website Hosting
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 09:00:39 PM »
I know how to do the excel file uploads, but that's it :(  hopefully someone on here can answer your question

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 09:25:32 AM »
Spotify?
The music player?

Did you mean, Shopify?
I bet you did.
Shopify = easy peasy
You'd be amazed at how easy it is.
I believe they offer a free trial.
Go for it...what do you have to lose?

Anyway...
Have you thought of this option?
I have stores with Storenvy and eCrater.
Both have been productive and both were easy to build.
I no longer have any items in my eCrater for sale, but yes...I did have sales.
You have to promote the heck outta the items you're selling to have the search engines pick them up.
Twittering, blogging, etc.

Just think...Your own website and/or housed on Shopify, Bonanza, Ruby Lane, Storenvy, eCrater, BISI won't have to compete on the same page as other sellers with same/similar items. You can do your own cross-promotions from within your page to your "other" items your selling.

You can add ALOT of images. And that's a good thing if your item is unique (my example: vintage Olga nightgowns and other lingerie)
Or the amount of images could be a turn off if it's an easy to find item...just go with one.

You will normally have the ability to add twitter, pinterest, facebook, etc added to each page.
That's a big hit with marketing your products and your ecommerce store.

You have control over your return policies, forms of payment, agreements, etc.
Nobody makes the decisions but you. 

Be sure to check where your store will be housed/servers and their record of up times.
I've seen sites during the busy holiday seasons be slammed and the site is gone.
Thus the buyer heads elsewhere for the product.
Especially if it's a hard to find item.

I haven't done much with my stores in quite some time but at that time I was adding one product at a time.
Time consuming?
Yep.
Was it worth it?
Yep.

Should I do it again?
Probably so. 

Wishing you the best of luck.
I'm no help when it comes to file uploads, but we have members that might be able to help you out.

uncleleroy

• Advanced Seller
  • Positive Promoter
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 07:55:27 PM »
Did I type Spotify?  Well, I guess I did.   ???

Yes, I meant Shopify LOL

And thank you for giving me your input on SHOPIFY.  I am primarily media with some other things just to up my gross margin some.  I figured Shopify would be good for me, but I wasn't too sure about the other platforms.  They don't seem to be all that geared to media.  Maybe I'm wrong on that?

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 11:09:49 PM »
I got away from ebay and started my own website with 3dcart.  LOVE it.  There's a definite learning curve but they have so many perks and bonuses where SEO, marketing in general, social networks and the like are concerned.  Blog is built is, all the social network buttons, even a facebook store.

Here's a thought, I meant to look into this more myself.  Wordpress.  Check out some of the wordpress stores.  It's amazing and wordpress is quite easy to work with

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf