Author Topic: Have I mentioned lately that I hate ebay?  (Read 2230 times)

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
Have I mentioned lately that I hate ebay?
« on: February 06, 2015, 10:53:23 PM »
I've bought a few odd things here and there on ebay from chinese sellers, and they've gone smoothly.

Tried buying a used cell phone on ebay from a U.S. seller.  I picked out the model I wanted (a fairly inexpensive unit but one that'll work on TMobile's LTE system - a ZMAX ZTE).   The one I would really prefer is around $700, so the ZMAX it is.     Walmart has it for $175.  I waded through various listings on ebay until I found one that looked okay and the price was such that I was going to save around $45.  Guess what?  It's blacklisted!   Listing didn't say anything about being blacklisted, only that it was good condition.

To top it off, here's the communcations after I got it and discovered it's blacklisted

From me:
Problem. Item not as described. TMobile says that it is blacklisted because it is financed and money is owed to TMobile for phone. This makes this phone unusable. Please pay TMobile the money owed so that I can use it. Otherwise, I need to return for full refund.

From seller:
so we sold it to pay the phone I sent you, Since I bought another phone and other kiss him and sold and not had a problem and we are paying because it is in a family has let me I do to answer and send to unlock your phone, it takes between 24 hours to 72 forgive forgot to unlock the phone and soon you can use

From me:
Thank you for fast reply.  IMEI # is
page to check status
http://www.t-mobile.com/verifyIMEI.aspx

From seller:
I called T-Mobile and they told me I G.Temgo EN24 is unlocked imei and give it to the representative of T-Mobile to unlock it I have to wait until I get the code to unlock the phone and can use it with any carrier, unless you want to wait you can return the phone that I return the money forgive the inconvenience

From me:
It is saying that you have to pay tmobile money that is owed for the phone before it will work.  It is saying that it is blacklisted because the bill was not paid.

tmobile está diciendo que para ser desbloqueado,  usted debe pagar lo que se debe en la facture y no va a funcionar hasta que pague tmobile.

I added the spanish bit because apparently there's a language barrier and the pic of the phone in listing showed it as being set up for spanish.  Translation of spanish portion of my message:  Tmobile is saying that to be unblocked, you must pay what you owe on the invoice and it will not function until you pay tmobile.

Now waiting for reply

Have I mentioned lately that I hate ebay?

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
Re: Have I mentioned lately that I hate ebay?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 04:54:26 AM »
Update - looks like she might have gotten it paid up because I can now make calls with it and use the data on it.   Now for the frustrating part (which I knew going into it, but still . . .  And, couldn't help but hope, you know?) -- at my house all I can get is 2G.  However, out in the yard, when the wind is blowing just right and the signal apparently bouncing off of neighboring structures, I can get 4GLTE.  According to the coverage map, the 4GLTE signal ends about 1/3 mile from the house (as the crow flies).  ??? ???     In fact, for a brief moment earlier I got 2 bars of 4GLTE in the living room, but it quickly disappeared and was replaced with 1-2 bars of 2G  :(

The weird thing - my old phone could do wifi calling no problem.  This new one says that I need a new SIM card to do wifi calling.  I don't get why it'd be different when using the same SIM that works for wifi calling in the other phone.  I guess, though, they're constantly changing stuff on 'em.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 09:39:04 AM »
I'm glad it worked out for you.
I don't get the new SIM card wifi calling requirement either.
My son switched to T-Mobile last year when they offered buying out Verizon accounts.
He hasn't had a problem with them but he knows the coverage will be iffy should he head out to the western USA.
You gotta get that issue straightened out along with the dang 2G. Cuuuuuhhhhrazy!

On a side note: My daughter buys from China ALOT via eBay(clothing and such) and the only purchase she's had go "bad" in the last year was from a US seller.
Paypal gave her her $$$ back, but still what does it say when you have China giving better service than a U.S. seller.

I still buy off eBay for my purse obsession and have yet to have a problem.
I wish it were like the old days (a decade plus ago) where it was exciting selling on the platform. 

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 12:13:00 PM »
Just screaming!

Glad you know what you are doing!
This is the reason I just pay full price and buy from company direct
sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

springintoscooters

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • The United States Postal Service's Official Mascot
    • View Profile
    • Spring Into Scooters
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 02:31:16 PM »
I'm grandfathered into a fifteen cent per minute pay as you go plan from Verizon and you'll take away my clamshell phone when you pry it out of my cold dead fingers.
<----- Slow ride. Take it easy.

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 07:54:00 PM »
For even more weirdness, today tmobile's site is saying that it's blacklisted (yesterday said the same, but last night it was saying that it was unable to check it), but the phone is successfully connecting to the TMO network and letting me make calls.    I guess as long as it's working. . .    Lesson learned, though, next time go ahead and pay the extra $ and get it from WalMart or the carrier.  This is the first time I've ever bought a used cell phone on ebay, and it's gonna be the last time.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:56:32 PM by WayOutWest »

wahm922

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Twitter
    • Google+
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Ta Ta Coolerz
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 10:42:48 PM »
I feel your pain but it is not just eBay. I recently helped my son purchase a new 3DS XL I swear it was being sold by Amazon but it came from a 3P and appears used :(

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 09:12:54 AM »
I LOVE my ZMAX but Tmobile Family plan with Walmart, you cannot use wifi calling no matter if you replace the SIM or not.  If you have just a Tmobile regular account, you can use the wifi calling feature, at least that's how Tmobile support explained it to me.  Call their support and they can send a little signal or something and it makes it where you can use that feature.  Of course I'm on the Walmart friends and family Tmobile (my sister works at walmart so we get a 33% discount on their friends and family package, and I'm NOT complaining about that), but I really wish the wifi calling feature worked as well because I can only hit 2G from inside the house.

Sorry for the hassles with ebay and the phone.  I rarely if ever buy anything off ebay anymore because of all the hassles involved with the sellers.  Ebay needs to drain the swamp, so to speak.

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 11:10:03 AM »
you'll take away my clamshell phone when you pry it out of my cold dead fingers.

HA!

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 12:56:10 PM »
I LOVE my ZMAX but Tmobile Family plan with Walmart, you cannot use wifi calling no matter if you replace the SIM or not.  If you have just a Tmobile regular account, you can use the wifi calling feature, at least that's how Tmobile support explained it to me.  Call their support and they can send a little signal or something and it makes it where you can use that feature.  Of course I'm on the Walmart friends and family Tmobile (my sister works at walmart so we get a 33% discount on their friends and family package, and I'm NOT complaining about that), but I really wish the wifi calling feature worked as well because I can only hit 2G from inside the house.

Sorry for the hassles with ebay and the phone.  I rarely if ever buy anything off ebay anymore because of all the hassles involved with the sellers.  Ebay needs to drain the swamp, so to speak.
Thanks for that!  I have a regular TMO acct and my old phone, wifi calling worked fine but the ZMAX wouldn't

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf