Author Topic: Fraudulent Credit Card Charges & Nile Corp  (Read 5933 times)

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
Fraudulent Credit Card Charges & Nile Corp
« on: September 22, 2014, 11:03:38 PM »
About 3 weeks ago, I had some fraudulent charges on one of my Bank of America credit cards. The only new vendor I had charged stuff at with that card was Nile Corp (a vendor that sells jewelry store supplies).  The Nile charge was a couple of weeks before the fraudulent ones.   Today, I had 5 fraudulent charges attempted on my Amazon branded Chase card. Again, the only new vendor I had charged stuff at recently with that card was Nile Corp. and again it had been a couple of weeks since the Nile purchase.

Two different cards, both with fraudulent charges, and both used at the same merchant just a little before those fraudulent charges. 

While this certainly isn't proof of anything, the coincidence of it all makes me believe that's where the security leak is at.  So, if anyone here buys anything from them, you might want to watch that card closely for a few weeks.

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
Re: Fraudulent Credit Card Charges & Nile Corp
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 12:10:11 AM »
I use Niles all the time
I checked my credit card tonight and all was fine
I'll keep watching

Capital One is great at watching for me lol
I seem to get new numbers at least ever 3 months! 
Using it at tradeshows is always risky
sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 12:29:12 AM »
I hear ya about trade shows.  You never know who you're dealing with, not to mention who they let near the data.  There's a vendor at the Western one in January that appears to have a crooked employee.  A few years ago my mom used her card with the vendor, but the purchase ticket had my brother-in-law's name and address.   A few weeks later attempts at bogus charges started appearing on her card but instead of her name, the charge attempts had his name and address as the cardholder. 

BTPS

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Businesses Growing Together
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 01:23:24 AM »
We always shop with my card
That way should something happen when we are out of town and have to stop using mine then we can switch to my biz partners

sock monkeys at www.OurSockMonkey.com and of course everything at www.FilthyRichFashions.com

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present!

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 12:01:15 PM »
I emailed Nile with my concerns and got a reply back saying that their system is set up such that employees never see card data.  So, it's possible that it's just a coincidence.

I've scanned my system repeatedly, just in case the leak is on my end, but computer turned up clean.  'Course, the security issue could be somewhere else entirely, even from purchases made months ago.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf