Author Topic: Get Your Amazon Prime Membership Extended If a Package Arrives Late  (Read 52946 times)

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Here's a little-known fact about Amazon's Prime membership: The company guarantees your package will be delivered at the promised time. If it's not, Prime members can get a one-month extension of their membership.

As Redditor jeffnnc points out, with the holidays here, chances are greater that the estimated delivery dates will be missed. You have to contact customer support to get the extension, and you can get the extension twelve times in a year.

Those who aren't Prime members can get the shipping costs refunded by contacting Amazon as well.P

Read the fine print 

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
Re: Get Your Amazon Prime Membership Extended If a Package Arrives Late
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 08:48:29 PM »
Good to know, thanks!

One I've done before is getting refund of overnight shipping fee.  If you pay extra for overnight shipping and it's late, contact customer service and they'll refund it.

WayOutWest

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • A3PDNI0CMSQZ2N
    • View Profile
    • WayOutWestUSA.com - Landstrom's Black Hills Gold Jewelry
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 10:06:38 AM »
They've changed the terms of the Prime subscription extension, if your Prime order is late.

It was (for yearly subscribers), up to 12 1-month extensions, every year.  So, say you last paid on October 1st of 2014, you could get 12 extensions between October 1st, 2014 and September 30th, 2015. Then, come October 1st, 2015, you could get 12 more extensions up through September 30th of 2016.  Enough late shipments and you never pay for Prime again.

Now (again for yearly subscribers), it's up to 12 1-month extensions every subscription payment.  So, if you last paid in October 1st of 2016, you can get 12 extensions between then and September 30th of 2017, but come October 1st of 2018 you have to pay again. And, any late orders from October 1st of 2017 and September 30th of 2018 will not qualify for an extension.   However, you can usually get a $5-$10 credit because of the late shipment.

This change explains why I have been unable to get any more free months of Prime added to my account even though my year anniversary was last September.  The last time I actually paid for Prime was back in 2014.  Some condemn me for hitting them up for the free extensions and credits, but what part of Guaranteed 2-day Shipping means not really guaranteed?

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 10:19:21 AM »
Thanks!
My renewal is this month and I've been blessed oh so many extensions.
Time for me to pay up!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf