Author Topic: Back-up InkFrog pics?  (Read 19597 times)

cm

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Back-up InkFrog pics?
« on: September 16, 2012, 10:10:55 AM »
All my ebay pics for my 6,000 + postcards (front&back) are hosted by InkFrog, does anyone know of a way to back-up those pics to my hard drive in case something disastrous happens at InkFrog?

Southern Jewel's Fab Finds

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Southern Jewel's Fab Finds
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
Re: Back-up InkFrog pics?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »
I'm not Inkfrog, so I don't have an answer.
Many of this forum use IF and hopefully they'll be along with an answer for you.
I hear ya, I'd hate to lose those images, too.

Is there some reason that you feel that IF is going to go "bonkers" as far as imaging any time soon?
Or just playing it safe?

cm

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 10:29:50 AM »
Is there some reason that you feel that IF is going to go "bonkers" as far as imaging any time soon?
Or just playing it safe?

Just playing it safe & InkFrog does not have an answer for the question.

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 10:36:42 AM »
Gotcha!
I can't imagine trying to get 6,000 images lined up with the proper auction should something happen.
EEEEK!

eotrg2

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 10:52:06 AM »
How did the images get to IF in the 1st place?? Directly from your camera??

cm

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:00:54 AM »
How did the images get to IF in the 1st place?

For 5 or 6 years I've been scanning them, uploading them to IF & then deleting them.
What was I thinking?  ???

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 11:26:45 AM »
Seems like when I left Inkfrog I exported my images files, just can't remember HOW I did it.  But I did find a post on the zendesk where someone MIGHT have a solution to exporting your images

https://inkfrog.zendesk.com/entries/20057082-bulk-uplod-export-features

cm

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 11:44:07 AM »
toobusyforswapmeets - I did find these suggestions on the Zen desk, but I guess I forgot to mention I use a "mac" - none of these suggestions worked for me  :'(

eotrg2

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 12:02:17 PM »
For 5 or 6 years I've been scanning them, uploading them to IF & then deleting them.

Just wondering because we always scanned postcards, and those images are sitting on a external disk drive by inventory number.

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 02:07:10 PM »
inventory number.

Perhaps that's the key is making sure you have the inventory number.

planetsuze

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • suzes.melange
    • View Profile
    • Suze's Melange
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 02:33:26 PM »
Gosh, I left IF to go to Auctiva, about a year ago, and darn if I can recall how I got my pics. Of course, I did not have 5% of the pics you do there.  :o

Being a Mac doesn't help, either, that's almost a foreign language to me, lol.

Wish I could be more helpful than just bumping so someone who does know might see!

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 10:15:41 AM »
I use InkFrog. Just went to my images to see if I could find a way and could not.  This is not good!! Why don't you email Greg?

cm

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 10:36:45 AM »
Why don't you email Greg?

I just zipped off an email to Greg, I'll let you know if he answers.
Thanks

cm

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 06:41:34 PM »
Greg's answer -
"we don't really have a way of doing this -- but you can do it prior to uploading (just keep a copy after you upload it to us). For now, the only thing you can do for your existing images is go into each one and 'right click' and choose the 'save as' option to save it (one at a time) to your computer."
-----------
Ouch - I just did checked & I have over 20,000 images stored on InkFrog - I still think there must be a way to back them up, if IF & Auctiva can sync with ebay, then there must be a way that IF can sync with me... Just hoping I guess.

eotrg2

• Administrator
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 07:20:32 PM »
Ouch - I just did checked & I have over 20,000 images stored on InkFrog - I still think there must be a way to back them up, if IF & Auctiva can sync with ebay, then there must be a way that IF can sync with me... Just hoping I guess.

My guess is that they do NOT want to eat the bandwidth for the "backup". If you, and others,  have 20K images you can pretty much figure 1+ gig of bandwidth, or more moving them either way. JMHO.

planetsuze

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • suzes.melange
    • View Profile
    • Suze's Melange
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 08:58:57 PM »
Wow - that sucks that they really don't have a way. Sounds like triage is in order. Housecleaning. Surely you don't really need ALL of those? If you do, I am jealous!!!  :smarty
Edited to add: I have an idea. I don't have an account to test the theory, though. Go to one of the pics, and get the location, which should get the the folder they are in. I don't know if you have different folders set up so you may have to hunt around a bit. Can you put the address of the folder in the browser and get to the folder? You may be able to finagle a way to do a bunch at once.
EDITED AGAIN - If the above does not work for you, I have another idea, but I can't try it until Wednesday at the earliest. i'm out of town.. If you can get the folder location where all the pics are, PM it to me.  :0771
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:24:40 PM by planetsuze »

cm

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 09:28:14 PM »
Sounds like triage is in order. Housecleaning. Surely you don't really need ALL of those?

Actually 6,000+ postcard listings = 12,000+ images since I scan both the front & back.
IF used to have the option to automatically delete the images after they were sold, but I think having users unintentionally delete their photos was a big problem for IF so they took away the option. I deleted them manually for a while but when they started to offer unlimited image storage, I stopped deleting them.
When GoDaddy went down last week & I didn't have email for a day, I started to worry about all my images on IF & how much work it would be if I had to replace them all.
I'm going to start saving them now - I just wish I had thought about it earlier.  :s0147

toobusyforswapmeets

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • LinkedIn
    • Pinterest
    • View Profile
    • Passion4Mopars
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 11:45:12 PM »
I seem to recall that I  had my images in different folders for different items I was listing on ebay...if those photos are in folders they HAVE to be accessible as a folder/group of photos.  If someone at IF would think about it, they know their set up and where they're storing photos (although it might be on an amazon server or something, but even so....) seems you could ftp the whole dang folder to yourself...somehow.   Thinking outloud  here kind of.  Seems I've seen picture grabber apps for MAC that when you open your folder you have all the images on the screen they could be snagged by an app like that?

It seems kind of dumb not to back up people's images, I mean, really?  What if the server crashes, they lose their data and you're out all those photos?  If they don't want to do a backup they should at least have a way in place to allow members to back of their own databases?

cm

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 07:08:01 AM »
It seems kind of dumb not to back up people's images, I mean, really?  What if the server crashes, they lose their data and you're out all those photos? 

I'm not suggesting that IF doesn't back-up my images - I'm the one who was irresponsible & didn't save my own images.  :'(

springintoscooters

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • The United States Postal Service's Official Mascot
    • View Profile
    • Spring Into Scooters
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 06:20:28 PM »

Probably that you needed the space on your hard drive like most of us did five to six years ago.
<----- Slow ride. Take it easy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf