Author Topic: Inkfrog offers new lower pricing  (Read 8412 times)

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
Inkfrog offers new lower pricing
« on: November 10, 2010, 08:05:55 AM »
Here's the email:

New - Lower price inkFrog plans starting at just $3.95/month

Hi! we are very excited to let you know about our new, lower priced plans at inkFrog. We now have plans starting at just $3.95/month! We are calling it our "Plan For Everyone" pricing. We want sellers of all sizes to be able to utilize the benefits of inkFrog. We are also bringing back our most popular $9.95/mo plan which includes 1GB of space and unlimited listings!

Not just a stripped down plan either!

Stripped down is just not how we do things at inkFrog. We have always been the low cost leader for listing management tools, and we wanted to make sure we delivered all of our great tools at the lower prices. In fact, our lowest price plan includes our just released Smart Counters (see below) for FREE.

Smart Counters have officially released out of beta - included in the $3.95/mo plan.

Yes, we have just released our Smart Counters and we are very excited to offer them in our lowest price plan! This means for only $3.95/mo you can use inkFrog for 60 listings per year, 100MB of image space (approx 1,000 images), and get our Smart Counters for FREE! We are calling this plan our "Smart Counter Plus" plan.

Don't forget about our discount shipping insurance.

Yes, all of these lower price plans still get you the amazingly low shipping insurance rates. We want everyone to be able to enjoy the best insurance on the market today, and of course, the incredible price savings.

If you have any questions regarding the new pricing, feel free to contact a support rep. by logging into your inkFrog account and clicking on the 'support' link at the top right corner of your members area.

We want to thank you for continued support of inkFrog. To learn more about our new pricing and plans, visit us at http://www.inkfrog.com/pricing.html

To get this new pricing, all you need to do is login to your inkFrog account and you will see the new plan choices!

We want to thank you for your continued support of inkFrog. We will be continuing to provide you with the best value in the industry and ensure our sellers are the most successful sellers online. Stay tuned for many more surprises coming in the very near future!

From the entire inkFrog staff

Not really sure how $3.95 a month is cheaper than the free version they offered, but this may be suitable for some sellers.

Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Inkfrog offers new lower pricing
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 09:19:41 AM »

bgbmtgal

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Crystalline Rainbows
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 05:03:35 PM »
I didn't get that email.  When did you get it bf?  I noticed the pricing tiers on my dashboard the other day.  So the $9.95 rated is coming back?  When is it that our price lock expires?  I should have made a note of it somewhere.  So the $3.95/mo gets free counters on 60 listings a year.  Wow, how kind of them!

gypsumoon

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »
I didn't get that email. 

Me neither  :?

The freebie plan is more like a trial, isn't it?  Something like 10 listings a year?

bgbmtgal

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Crystalline Rainbows
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »
Right Cindy, the Free plan is 10 listings a year.  You would have thought they would have put in that column in the chart.  Big letters "How Much does it cost?  It's FREE!", but you look at the chart and only see plans that cost money.  Tiny letters under the title "Free plan includes 10 listings per year."  Anyone doing only 10 listings a year is just going to use eBay's lister.  Looks more like bait and switch still.

stone

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 11:18:50 AM »
So the $9.95 rated is coming back? 

Coming back??  Where did it go? I've been paying that for several years.

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 02:20:24 PM »
Anyone doing only 10 listings a year is just going to use eBay's lister. 

Yeah, and 60 listings a year for the $3.95 plan is five listings a month. What would be the point of paying for a service to post so few listings?

I guess you could be doing all 60 at one time but then you'd only need the service for one month or whatever. Weird.

bgbmtgal

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Crystalline Rainbows
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 03:43:07 PM »
Coming back??  Where did it go? I've been paying that for several years.

Yes, I have for years too.  Coming back in the sense that when the "Super Duper" lister was announced, there was no $9.95 option.  It was going to be $14.95 once our price lock expired.

gypsumoon

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 04:04:53 PM »
Yes, I have for years too.  Coming back in the sense that when the "Super Duper" lister was announced, there was no $9.95 option.  It was going to be $14.95 once our price lock expired.

Same here - and I thought that those of us who were grandfathered (or grandmothered!) in got to keep the 9.95 permanently, would never be charged the 14.95.  Is this a faulty memory?

biggfredd

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
  • Love this chatroom!
    • View Profile
    • Garrett Metal Detectors
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 05:37:22 PM »
Yeah, and 60 listings a year for the $3.95 plan is five listings a month. What would be the point of paying for a service to post so few listings?

To control your images (and save the for future use), get some decent templates, and save on scheduling?
Check out the Bigg Elf's Toy Stash -- http://toystash.ecrater.com

And our Garrett metal detectors -- http://metaldetectors.ecrater.com

Rick Bradford

• Founding Member
  • Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Poopsheet
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 12:05:37 PM »
When it cost $47.40 to list those 60 listings? At 79ยข per listing I'm not sure there's really any "savings", especially on scheduling.

It's a sucker rate to get you in the door so you'll upgrade. Auctiva does the same thing but at least theirs is $2.95 for 180 listings (15/month) with five times the image space. Not that Auctiva is better but I can more easily see how their plan might actually be worth the trouble for the occasional eBay seller (assuming they list more than 60 a year, I suppose).

bgbmtgal

• Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Crystalline Rainbows
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 03:08:42 PM »
Cindy, I think it was a three year price lock, not forever.  I just can't remember when it started.  Then we would have to go up to the $14.95 plan.  Glad to see at least we can keep the $9.95 now.  My plan had been that once the lock was over and I'd have to pay more, to drop IF and go back to TL or SMPro.  Since 12photos are free now and I only do about 10 auctions/ week, it would be cheaper to schedule directly through eBay.

I just wish TL had a tool to convert TPL to it!  The moving listings was going to be a pain. Now maybe I don't have to! 

DaveS

• Able Advisor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 09:34:11 AM »
It started 16 months ago (approx) I have not been selling much of anything lately and notice I am now being asked to "re-choose" the plan that I have currently. Why, I'm not sure......Is it a trick? lol!

planetsuze

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • suzes.melange
    • View Profile
    • Suze's Melange
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 09:37:06 PM »
I signed up for IF for $9.95/mo when you got the guaranteed rate and free BISI/Highwire store for 2 years. I have a feeling I will be making some decisions soon, LOL.

Edited to add guaranteed rate.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 09:40:08 PM by planetsuze »

kellyww

• Founding Member
  • Champion Counselor
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vintageday.com
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 09:38:09 PM »
I signed up for IF for $9.95/mo when you got the guaranteed rate and free BISI/Highwire store for 2 years. I have a feeling I will be making some decisions soon, LOL.

Edited to add guaranteed rate.

Me too. Wondering if it is worth it to pay for BISI and Inkfrog

planetsuze

• Master Motivator
  • Offline Offline
    • suzes.melange
    • View Profile
    • Suze's Melange
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 11:33:57 PM »
Grrr, I am highly annoyed with IF at the moment. I only saw this new rate notice posted here and never got any email from IF myself. I made an evidently stupid assumption that if we did not change anything it would stay what it was, which is what I wanted. I just went to my IF account (had not been there since this thread) and it was disabled until I chose a 'new' plan.  :(  :(  :( That's not the bad part. The bad part is, even though I have been paying all along, they deleted my custom templates and the images that go with them!  >:( I am PO'd and sent a rather surly support ticket in. They had best not tell me they can't retrieve them when I have been paying.  :s0147

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf